A checklist of Don't from Dr. Pitcairn's book "Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats.
* Don't pet your animal with dirty hands.
* Don't confine your pet to a garage, basement or shed that contains household chemicals or lacks natural light.
* Don't keep you pet outside if you live by a busy roadway.
* Don't exercise your pet on smoggy days or along busy streets.
* Don't carry your pet in the back of a pickup truck.
* Don't allow your pet to roam near a toxic dump, old landfill or industrial/commercial area.
* Don't let your pet drink from or play in puddles or other contaminated waters.
* Don't apply or dump anything in your yard that you would not want to enter the water.
* Don't allow smoking inside your home.
* Don't let your pet sleep near or under house foundations that may have been treated with poison for termites.
* Don't use pesticides unless absolutely necessary.
* Don't let your pet sleep on or near an operating TV, microwave, computer moniter, electric blanket or heater, clock-radio or plug-electric clock.
* Don't use medical x-rays unless absolutely needed.
* Don't overexpose your animal to the sun, expecially if you live in an ozone-depleted area.