Friday, July 18, 2008

What Is In Your Pets Water?

Water is very important to our pets. Clean water is essential. Your pet should have access to fresh water in a clean stainless-steel or glass bowl. (Plastic bowls leach out chemicals and some pets have allergic reactions to them.)
Water is used for absorption of nutrients, as well as maintenance of body temperature. It helps to detoxify the body and transport toxic substances out of the body through the eliminative organs.
Unfortunately, our tap water is subject to nearly every kind of pollutant in our society. As if contamination from gasoline, parasites, chlorine, fluoride, and aging water pipes were not enough, pharmaceutical drugs, pesticides, lead, asbestos, nitrates and even radioactive waste all have an impact on our water.
These chemicals can have a very detrimental effect on our pets and their health.
The best solution for you and your pets is to filter your water using reverse osmosis.