Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dangers of Rimadyl - My dog died because of it!

My dog Jake was prescribed Rimadyl for arthritis in his hips. He was getting old, but at 13 years he was still full of life and playful. He was on Rimadyl for 3 months, he was given a medicine to go with it so it wouldn't upset his stomach. Since he didn't show any digestion problems, I thought everything was all right.
He was checked by the vet on a Thursday and was perfectly healthy. On Friday evening, he seemed restless. He kept wanting to go outside and he panted alot. I didn't get much sleep, he didn't sleep either, he kept pacing. He vomited, had diarrhea and walked around in a stupor. A few hours later he collasped and had paralysis and couldn't walk.
I rushed him to the vet and, sadly, he had to be euthanized. The cause of his sudden sickness was liver failure. It was a few months later when I read about the dangers of Rimadyl that I realized the medicine was the cause of his death.
Please be informed of the dangers of this powerful and deadly prescription. To read an article written by Chris Adams, "Most Arthritic Dogs Do Very Well On Rimadyl, Except Ones That Die" and published in the Wall Street Journal go to: www.srdogs.com/Pages/rimadyl.wsj.html
Jake, my faithful companion, I miss you everyday!