Here are some tips to keep your pet safe when traveling.
1. Choose a special safety harness or belt that will keep your pet from jumping around the vehicle or from flying forward if you have to slam on the brakes.
2. Remember that the air bags can be deadly for a pet in the front seat in case of a collision.
3. Being restrained will keep a pet from falling or jumping out of the window.
4. Never leave your pet in the car on warm days because heat can be deadly and also, because your pet can be stolen.
5. Always take water along for your pet. They make collapsible food and water bowls.
6. Small pets can safely travel in a crate.