Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dogs Enjoy Presents for Christmas


This is a photo of Buddy with his new toys that he opened for Christmas. My granddaughter picked out a green fuzzy bone that squeaks. She wrapped it up and Buddy opened it on Christmas morning. I don't know who had more fun, she or Buddy.

Santa brought him a new ball, biscuits and some duck jerky in his stocking. Buddy gets very excited about his new toys. He knows that Christmas is a special day.

When I was a child, our family had a dog named Cindy. She was a shepherd mix. Cindy always had a new toy wrapped for her under the tree each Christmas. The wrapped toy would be put under the tree weeks before Christmas. She would proudly carry around the wrapped toy, but she knew not to open it. On Christmas morning, as we were opening our presents, Cindy knew it was OK to open hers. I can still remember how happy she was about her new toy. It is just one of many fond memories that I have of her. I haven't had a dog since that would carry around a wrapped toy and not want to open it.